The Moran Clan

The Moran Clan

Monday, July 18, 2011

Depression! Just Diagnosed




To my readers, I have to apologize for not being able to keep up with my posts lately. The truth is I haven't been in the word lately and haven't been in constant prayer either about why.


Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods. True clinical depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration interfere with everyday life for weeks or longer.

As I have been being honest with myself and who I really am while uncovering feelings I thought were long gone, I have been falling deeper and deeper into depression. I know I can't help what has happened and I have forgiven my past and failures, The only thing that was left was this demon that has cast a huge shadow over my life and happiness. For the past couple months but really intensely the past couple weeks I have been battling with my emotions. There have been days where I literally haven't been able to get out of bed and NOTHING kills a mother more than the feeling of being completely hopeless and Useless to her babies! After a couple ruff days I was finally able to mustard up enough energy to get in touch with a doctor and I have been "Diagnosed" with Major Depression (single episode) Disorder. How am I feeling? Well Sad all the time, I want to cry for no reason at all, No amount of sleep is ever enough and I can't even get out of bed in the mornings without a fight, I have ZERO energy and no desire to complete any task. I look around and I can't help but to feel like a huge disappointment for not being able to accomplish anything. I yell at my husband CONSTANTLY and it hurts so bad because I cant control it ya'll.

Today is day 6 of being on my new medication and I am starting to feel small very small shreds of heaviness being lifted off me. I am able to wake up in the mornings now without much of a fight and I can get through my days with minimal pain. I'm holding onto hope and I know one day, this will be lifted and I can shine bright again.

Sunday Chris and I went up and asked for prayer, Which was kinda awkward because it was our first time to ask but I'm glad we did. The elder prayed over me, anointing me and explained that I have been "Just Diagnosed" with depression, I don't HAVE depression and it will be lifted. It was so weird because as he was praying over me I felt as if something way being ripped from my body, almost like you see in the animated movies, and I felt so much better through the day. I have the best support right now from my Husband, Family and Friends and I could ask for a better group of people. God is IN control and His hand is in this situation and I will be VICTORIOUS.


"Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the Morning bring me word of your unfailing love, For I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life' in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. in your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant." Amen, Psalms 143:7-12

Journey Together, Love Jesus, Bring hope to the World!

1 comment: